News and current Composing update!
I haven't slept for the past month (seriously!) as I've been busy composing music for some Canadian projects:
- "CanAm Equine Expo" - (music score for promotional video)
- "Royal Rodeo of the Royal Winter Fair" (opening/introductory music for host/mc, colourguard and flag carriers, and special guest host, Canadian TV star Amber Marshall of 'Heartland')
- "Caldedon Equestrian Park" (music for trophy winners)
(Nov. 12- just in!) Here is the opening of the 'Royal Rodeo' in Toronto from last Sunday. I shot this video from 'backstage', the area where the cowboys and stock are gathered. There's a view of the arena's big screen where the video production for the webcast and audience showing the production work. The show was produced by Robert (Bob) MacAskill and my brother, Ross Millar. Great show, guys!
And here's the "CanAm" promotional video:
New video demo
of "The Cam Millar Sound System!"
(Please check out the page 'The Cam Millar Sound System' ! for video link and further information about the group!)
At last! Now we can get ourselves 'out there'!
We're pleased to have already had great reception for our concerts and concept, and we're moving on!
Recent Composing projects:
Last fall I composed the music for a couple of new films produced by the 'Downstream Project', out of Berryville, VA.
I'm honored to be able to collaborate with and create music for a group dedicated to addressing environmental concerns!
- produced for the "Chesapeake Bay Foundation" (about a program that brings farmers from the Shenandoah Valley out to Tangier Island in the Chesapeake Bay in order to find out about the concerns that can bond farmers and fishermen together)
go to: "Waterdogs"
- about the genesis of citizen water monitoring efforts in North Central Pennsylvania in response to the rush to Marcellus Shale drilling and its potential effects on our water.
I also wrote the music for 'Speaking Up for the Piedmont', a project for the 'Piedmont Environmental Council' of Virginia.
.- Trombone related!:
Hey? What's this thing? The 'Buzzard'???
If you're not a brass player, you may be scratching your head!
Actually, you can find out more at http://www.warburton-usa.com/index.php/the-buzzard
I bought this product from Warburton Music, and felt compelled to write them and tell them how much I love this little piece of plastic.
To my surprise, they put my 'mug shot' up on their website along with my comments and my letter of thanks for such a useful 'helper' to us brass players.
Very nice of them...... Warburton keeps great company....... and is a great company!
Cam Millar -
versatile, eclectic, evocative, creative, thoughtful, collaborative
Cam's musical skills have been utilized by band leaders, choreographers, ice skaters, film makers, universities and private schools. His innately collaborative nature has made him an ideal partner for many creative people.
Dedicated to creating the right product for the right situation, Cam eagerly seeks new projects for which he can contribute appropriate music and sound.